Thursday, June 15, 2017

I had a pleasant surprise this past weekend.  I was watering the plants at the front gate when someone pulled up beside me and said, “Hello Wilma.”  I turned to see who it was and to my surprise it was one of my best friend’s, son and his wife. Jay and Katie were out visiting the old neighborhood and wanted to stop by.  I told them to give me an hour to get to the grocery and back and I would love for them to visit.

We had a pleasant visit.  Katie is pregnant and she and Jay caught me up on all the details. They invited me to join them for breakfast on Saturday.  We met at Rowe’s A Frame in Durand.  I had biscuits and gravy with a fried egg on top.  It was very good.

Later that day, Jay and Katie came back to the house to help me transplant a Norfolk Island Pine that lives in my solarium and is about 12 feet tall.  Neighbor, Jeff Scaduto, joined in the replanting and after struggling for some time we finally got the plant out of its old pot and into a new one with more room for it to grow.  And it took all three men and myself to get the thing done.  Thanks to Jay, Jeff, and the hubster.




Afterward the hubster and I repotted my Phyllodendron bipinnafidatum which is also a huge plant.  We had to cut it out of its old pot to get it into a new one. It has had a baby and is starting to grow another one. If there is anyone out there who would be willing to take on a monstrosity of a plant, I have one.

It finally rained last night and the garden is looking good.  Snow peas for dinner again tonight.



Peace be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment