Sunday, March 18, 2018




We are celebrating St. Patrick’s Day today because we already had dinner planned yesterday, and forgot it was SPD.  The hubster is making a corned beef and we will have Reuben Sandwiches because neither of us is fond of corned beef and cabbage.  He makes the best Reuben in the world.

I decided I needed to make a dessert for the occasion.  I have this recipe for Butterscotch Pudding Dessert and I thought I’d make it with Pistachio pudding instead.  The crust is made and cooling.  It tastes a lot like Pecan Sandy cookies.  The next layer is cream cheese, confectioners sugar and Cool Whip.  I don’t make a lot of stuff with Cool Whip because I don’t think it is as good as whipped cream.  But this recipe is wonderful.

The next layer is the Pistachio pudding.  And to top the whole thing off, you use the rest of the Cool Whip.

I’m not a real big fan of St. Patrick’s Day.  I am partly of Irish heritage.  My grandmother was a McCarty.  I’m not into parades or drinking green beer at the local tavern.  I do, however, love corned beef.  When we lived in Dayton, Ohio and got a half a beef every fall we used to make our own corned beef.

I find most corned beef entirely too salty.  The hubster’s trick is to wash the corned beef several times before putting it on to cook.  It comes out perfectly.

Here is the recipe for the pudding dessert.  I have had it with butterscotch, chocolate and now with pistachio.  You can make it with your favorite kind of pudding.

Pistachio Pudding Dessert

1 ½ cups flour, 1 ½ sticks of butter, 2/3 cup pecans and a dash of salt.  Mix together and press into a 10 X 3 baking dish and bake at 350 for 20 to 25 minutes.  Let cool completely.

1 C confectionary sugar, 1 8 oz cream cheese, ½ carton of Cool Whip.  Mix together with mixer and spread over the above cooled crust.

2 packages of your favorite instant pudding, 3 cups of milk, 2 tsp. vanilla.  Beat above ingredients about 2 minutes.  Let cool.  Spread over top of the above.  Top it off with the other half of the Cool Whip.

Refrigerate until ready to serve.

Peace be with you.


No comments:

Post a Comment