Friday, April 6, 2018




Lullaby for Vincent

I was listening to NPR the other day on the way home from a gardening project and the story was about this musician who had a new album.  The hostess asked him to sing the lullaby that he had written for his son.

It was a nice song and it got me thinking that I should write a lullaby for my grandson, Vincent.  I had to pull off the road to write down what was in my mind.  I then had to ask Siri how to record something and she came through.  I recorded it and sent it off to my daughter, Jessica.

The lullaby goes like this:

Good night Vinnie, there won’t be any
Bad dreams or monsters, bothering you tonight.
Nighty night Vincent, close your eyes this instant.
We love you, but we’re turning off the light.

Jess said she played it for him.  He was crying because he is cutting two upper teeth.  She said he quit crying to hear the lullaby.

My heart is full.

Photo attached is his first bite of prunes.  He liked them so much he put his nose in them.

Peace be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment