Friday, June 15, 2018


I have many favorite memories of my childhood.  My fondest memories were from travels to my Aunt Ola’s house in Kentucky.  She always had freshly made chocolate pies for us.  They were my favorite pie.  We would play guitars and sing on the front porch.  This one time we made a picnic lunch and went to Jenny Wiley State Park.  We played in the creek, hiked all over, and some even crossed a rope bridge.  I couldn’t do it because I am afraid of heights.  Daddy found a sassafras tree and taught us how to whittle off the bark and eat the yummy goodness inside of it.   I’m sure I remember it mostly because of pictures we had taken.

Another favorite memory is of people gathering at our house to play music.  We had so many folks staying with us that my mother put me to sleep on quilts that she placed in the bathtub.

I also loved going to school.  I loved playing on the playground with so many of my friends.  I enjoyed learning new things and did well in all my classes.
I had a wonderful childhood and cherish the memories.


Photo is of my cousin, Faye, Jeanie and her cousin, Trish and me eating wstermelon on our front porch.

No comments:

Post a Comment