Sunday, July 1, 2018




When I was in college a group of friends went to a bar to hear some live music.  I hung my purse over the back of my chair and enjoyed the show.  Later, I got my purse to get some money for another drink and realized I had been vandalized.  My money was gone including a silver dollar my uncle had given me at birth.

For some reason, I can’t remember why, I looked at the guy sitting right behind me.  He attended the same college and was known to be a “little shit”.

“Empty your pockets,” I demanded of him.  He just laughed and looked away to talk to his friends.

I got up from my seat and grabbed him by his shirt front.  I pulled him into my face and said something to the effect that if he stole my money I was going to kick his ass.

One of my friends pulled me off him.  Two other guy friends told him to empty his pockets.  He did so and there was my silver dollar.  I started at him again and my friends pulled me away.

“You got your money back, let it go,” they told me.

I believe we all left about that time.

I never did run into that little rat again.  I’m afraid if I had, I would have given him a good thrashing.

Peace be with you.

Photo of me at 19.  First year of college.

No comments:

Post a Comment