Friday, October 12, 2018




What are my favorite songs?

I have so many favorite songs that it is difficult to choose.  One of my most favorite songs is by the Beatles.  “And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make”.  I have always lived by that line in the song.

Of course, Jethro Tull, being one of my very favorite bands, I have several favorites by them.  is one of the most beautiful love songs ever written.  Look into the Sun is also “Reasons for Waiting” a favorite.  “My God” is part of my Pantheist beliefs.  “He is the god of everything, he’s inside you and me.”  “Slipstream” is another favorite Tull song.

"Crazy Love" by Poco is one song I love and I just love to sing. " As the Raven Flies" by Dan Fogleberg is another that I love and love to sing.

Leon Russell wrote another one of the most romantic songs ever written.  It is “A Song for You.”  The hubster and I danced to this song while Leon sang it live.  That is one of the most memorable moments in my life.

Speaking of the hubster, there are two songs that made me fall for him.  Years ago when I was a teenager, I used to listen to the radio at night.  I tuned in all kinds of weird stations and one of them was a Chicago station that was so popular at the time.  They played this song that I fell in love with.  It is “Not Enough Love to go Round.”  The hubster had this album and the song was on it.  It is by Rare Bird.

The other song is not a song but an album.  It is Dvorak’s New World Symphony.  The hubster also had that album.  The section called “Goin’ Home” is really one of my all-time favorites.  When you girls were in choir, you sang that song and I cried like a baby.  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment