Wednesday, August 10, 2016



This morning I had a very strange thing happen to me.  I was sitting on the John reading my book and attending to business.  In the book this guy was thinking about killing this girl in the book.  I had a thought of sudden death and how sad it was.  I thought to myself, I just don’t want to die like Elvis, sitting on the toilet.  I was suddenly overtaken with this stupid thought, and then I thought what if I didn’t finish the book.  I had an urge to go to the end of the book and read the last chapter.  I swear this has never happened to me before and I have never read the end of the book before I finished the book.

Getting distracted from the darn book, I got my thoughts together and knew I was being ridiculous.  I wasn’t going to die on the toilet and I was going to finish this darn book that I keep trying to guess what will happen next and it doesn’t.  I’ve already written my end to the story but I will be surprised at whatever the outcome may be.

I had plans to go to the beach with Garnet today but she called and said her legs hurt and she couldn’t get out of bed today.  I am going to the beach by myself and I am going to finish this book.  I am going to eat the lovely fruit salad that I made just for the beach today and float in the water and cool off and get some vitamin D.

So there!


Peace be with you.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure that was a genuinely distressing incident of lavatory bibliophilia, but it's hilarious to read about. That would actually make a GREAT scene in a book, and if you don't want to use it, please tell me I may!

    ReplyDelete