Monday, April 4, 2016



Today was my first presentation as a Master Gardener.  I did “Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme.”  I had written the manuscript back in January when I was first asked to do this.  My volunteer coordinator at the Extension Office helped me put it on Power Point and I went into the office to practice.  I had an audience of three Master Gardeners to listen to the presentation.  I did well and they complimented me.

I got my stuff together today using the “remember” list I had drawn up so as not to forget anything.  I had herb books, dried herbs and a door prize of a bag of the herbs I discussed.  I also took recipes that I had talked about using the herbs of discussion.

The Pecatonica Garden Club is a very old club that has been around for many years.  My contact was Adele, who is 90 years old.  She was very sweet.  The group made me feel very welcome.

My presentation went quite well and I got a lot of questions and comments from the peanut gallery.  It was much fun and I look forward to doing it again in the near future.




No comments:

Post a Comment