Friday, February 5, 2016



Be Here Now

I had a very interesting Yoga/Pilates/Qi Gong session this morning.  I woke up around 1:45 after a stress dream.  I was trying to block out the next door neighbors drunken card party and couldn’t get the windows to close or the blinds to shut.  Why am I having stress dreams when I am retired without a care in the world?

I read for an hour in my The Time Traveller’s Wife, which is turning out to be a tremendous read.  Last night they were playing a game they made up called Modern Capitalist Mind Fuck and I was chuckling in bed reading at 2:00 in the morning.

I turned off the light at 3ish and could not shut my mind up.  Everything from singing “Sky Rockets in Flight” to remembering a date I had in college and he never called me again.

I finally got up around 4 and put on my yoga outfit.  I did my stretches and yoga postures, some Pilates and then did my Qi Gong.  I then sat upon my sit upon to do Zazen.  I try to calm my mind and count to ten over and over while breathing deeply.  My mind will not shut up no matter what I do.  I came to the realization that the reason I love my morning yoga session so much is because I do not think.  I am being here in the now and that is why I love it so.

I read the book Be Here Now many years ago.  It is by Babba Ram Dass and I highly recommend it.  I have often meditated to “be here now” but the thought that the moment has already passed as soon as I think it comes into my mind and I can’t even settle down with that .

I got up and did another Qi Gong movement and noticed again that my mind was at peace.  I was thinking of my count (she says we should do nine sets of each movement) and I am thinking, “slow down, slow down.”  I did not have a bad memory or song enter  into my head but just beautiful peace and contentment.

I got up and put my jammies back on and climbed back into bed and I am thinking that God should have put a light switch on our bodies so when we laid down to sleep we could just flip the switch and off we would go into blissful, peaceful, blessed sleep.  (I am sure the hubster has one of these switches but he won’t share where he keeps it.)

If there is anyone out there who knows where God put this light switch (I guess it would be an on and off brain switch) please let me know.

Namaste.

The photo is a room at the Anderson Japanese Garden in Rockford, Illinois where I would like to do my yoga session someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment