Thursday, February 18, 2016



My newest retirement adventure is all about mucus and dog puke.  This started a while back when I noticed that I was taking an allergy pill most every day.  Then I woke up with a sore throat.  Now I am using the netty pot every morning.  I picked up some Musinex at the drug store yesterday.

Now the worst part of the deal is that my little Jessie dog is ill also.  She started when she lost a toenail outside in the snow.  She came in bleeding all over the kitchen floor.  I got the bleeding stopped by holding her paw and the hubster counted off three minutes.  It was just a nail and we were so relieved.  Unfortunately, she started walking oddly to accommodate the foot that lost the nail and her arthritis kicked in.

She started refusing her dog food.  Then she refused the treats that I make for her and which she loves.  She refused milk bones.  Now she refuses her medication and the Dasuquin that I give her for the arthritis.

I finally broke down and scrambled and egg.  She did eat a few bites.  Last night I made chili and I gave her a few pieces of cooked ground beef which she ate but refused the rest that I put in her bowl.  I made her homemade dog food using a can of tuna and some veggies and wild rice.  She ate that a couple of times.

I am wit’s end.  Any suggestions out there?

I took her to the vet and he gave me arthritis medication for her and she got worse.  Now she is not eating at all.   But she is drinking copious amounts of water and barfing.  I have had this dog for almost 8 years and in that time she has puked only once.

So I am upstairs on the computer and I hear her retching.  I run down to clean it up and my nose kicks in.  I am trying to clean up dog puke and my nose is running down into it.

Yes, I have a husband but he has this problem.  If someone pukes and he is around, he has to puke also.

And so my adventure in mucus and dog puke is going pretty well.  I just got an appointment to take her back to the vet. Perhaps the vet will give me something for my snot nose.


Oh and to top it all off, I had my teeth cleaned last week (good check-up) and my tmj has kicked in and I can hardly open my mouth.  I can’t even open it enough to see if my throat is red or swollen.

No comments:

Post a Comment