Sunday, February 14, 2016



I Got a Library Card!

I drove to Pecatonica recently to get some prescriptions filled.  While they were doing that I went to the library.  I discovered to my amazement that I could get a library card for only $50.00.  I was ecstatic!  I purchased the card and went and picked up the prescriptions.

When I got home I immediately went to my computer and surfed the Pec Library site.  Sure enough they had the gardening book that was the next on my list for my Book Club.  It was The Writer’s Garden: How Gardens Imspired our best loved authors by Jackie Bennet and Richard Hanson.  It was a huge book with lots of lovely photos of the gardens of Virginia Wolfe, Sir Winston Churchill and many others.

As this book was quite expensive I figured I had already saved myself $50.00. 

Yesterday I picked up the next book, The Roots of My Obsession: Thirty great gardeners reveal why they garden by Thomas C. Cooper.  I’ve already started it and it is very interesting.

My girlfriend, Ellie, suggested a book for me – Still Life with Bread Crumbs.  I just ordered it from the library.  Oh this adventure is going to be such fun.  I have a humungous list of books that I want to read.  It includes: Outside the Lines, The Peach Keeper, Everything I Never Told You, The Woman with Seven Names.


There are so many books and so little time.  One book at a time.

Photo is the day Garnet and I made our audition tapes for the movies.  Me reading my script.  Cereal box, ketchup bottle, junk mail, pill bottles and more.  I ready just about everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment