Thursday, March 10, 2016




I am feeling more like myself today.  I have been working on my first presentation as a Master Gardener.  I am going into the Extension Office tomorrow to put it into a Power Point presentation with the help of my associate at the office.  It is entitled, “Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme”.  I will be presenting it to the Pecatonica Garden Club next month.  I hope it will be the first of many presentations.

I wrote my presentation a couple of months ago when I was first asked to do the presentation.  I have read it over many times to try and memorize all the information.  I have made 3 by 5 cards for my benefit.  Today I prepared slides of the main topics for the Power Point.

I have gathered many photos of my herb garden, drying herbs and even some cartoons to add to the demonstration.  I have photos of some of my unusual vegetables and various pictures of my herb garden in each stage of growing.

I have also included recipes for my favorite recipes in which to use the various herbs I will talk about.  Included in my preparations is a door prize to be presented to one lucky attendee.  It is a packet of each of the dried herbs that I am talking about.

I think part of the healing process of grief is to get interested in something else to keep your mind off the grief.  Gardening is one of my passions and I will give my grief over to my passion.

Part of the adventure of giving a presentation is knowing fully the subject matter you are discussing.  I know my herbs and I know my material.  I just hope I don’t get a case of the jitters and blow the thing.  Confidence, girl, confidence!

Wish me luck.



The top photo is what I wished my herb garden looked like.  Bottom photo is what it really looks like.

No comments:

Post a Comment