Wednesday, November 12, 2014

A walk in the woods

I was walking the dog in the local campground this morning and I found myself smiling outrageously.  I realized how much I am enjoying my life as a retiree.  The dog was running and smiling too.  Several chevron of geese flew over and even the dog stopped to gaze at the wonder.  It was so quiet and peaceful.  All I could hear was the dog tromping in the grass looking for a good blade to chew.  The geese were honking in the background and one lone vehicle passed by.  A truck carrying a log splitter on the trailer behind it.  Fall is such a wonderful time of the year.

When I was a kid I dreaded fall and the summer ending and having to go back to school.  Not going to school so much as having to get up early.  I love to sleep in and that is another part of retirement that I truly enjoy.  I wake with the sun and stretch and yawn and decide I need 10 more minutes to just lay there and enjoy the moment.

I recalled while walking when I was young and starting out my "career" in life.  I hated getting up and having to watch the clock.  I gave up a watch when I quit my job as a junior executive secretary and decided to be a stay at home mom.  The girls decided on time for me.  Nap time, bath time, bedtime and so on.

Retirement is the time to enjoy the moment.  Every single moment.  I love cleaning house and doing my chores.  I make a list each morning and try to cross off everything on that list.  I do take breaks in between chores.  I do get to do my crossword puzzle every morning and a jigsaw puzzle in the afternoon.

Now that I have decided to try to blog every day, I must search myself for stories to write.  Every day is a new adventure.

Peace be to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment