Saturday, November 15, 2014

Today's retirement adventure was supposed to be Zumba.  I traveled to Seward and found out last weekend was the last class.  Oh well.  I drove two blocks to the local meat market, Eichmann's, and picked up some yummy Italian sausages, ground beef, ground pork and hamburger patties.  The ground pork will be used tonight to make Tuscan chicken rolls.  If you have never tried them you should.  Beat the chicken flat.  Cook the ground pork with some onions and garlic.  Add some bread crumbs and egg when it is cooled.  Put the stuffing into the chicken and secure with toothpicks.  Put some white wine into backing dish and add the chicken rolls.  Sprinkle with some parsley and brush with melted butter.  Bake about 30 minutes at 350.  Make sauce with the leftover wine and some chicken broth.  Yummy!

I killed the rest of the morning by making some scented pine cones.  I read somewhere that peppermint oil repels spiders.  I have a lot of spiders in my solarium and garage.  I have a few in the house too which I hate.  I hate killing them but they are very determined that I cannot pick them up and throw them outside so I squash them.  Spiders are not one of my fears.

I dried my pinecones which I had washed yesterday in my dehydrator.  I put them pinecones into ziplocks and sprayed with some peppermint oil.  I'll let you know how they come out next week.  And I will followup with the spider repellent at a later date.

This afternoon I made a Christmas spray.  I had a class last weekend to show me how to do it.  I gathered some pine branches from the yard and wound them together with wire.  Added a ribbow bow which did not turn out as lovely as the lady who taught the class did.  I added a little Christmas heart ornament and voila...my lovely Christmas thingie which I hung outside on the house.  Photo attached.

Another day of retirement adventures.

Oh and PS, since I was dressed to exercise, I went to the basement and did 30 minutes of aerobics with Jane Fonda.  I also walked the dog in the campground for about 30 minutes.  Got my exercise in before the big snow storm hits tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment