Thursday, January 7, 2016



Have you ever had one of those days when you think you are going nuts?  This morning while eating my corn flakes and bananas I was reading Facebook.  I read so many typos that my head began to hurt.  I read one sentence like ten times before I realized that is was missing a verb or a noun or a dangling participle and didn’t make any sense at all.  The trouble was that the sentence before it has struck me as interesting and I wanted to know more.

I realize that I frequently make typos and grammatical errors.  We are all human and we all make mistakes.  Forgive yourself and go on!

I like to point out mistakes so the person who made them can correct them.  I like my mistakes pointed out so I can correct them.  But who do you contact on FB?  And if you pointed out the mistake to the person posting, will they take personal offense?

Another thing that is pestering me on stupid Facebook is those folks that post stuff and beseech you to repost them.  Like this morning I saw a rose photo and it read, “Repost this if you love your daughter.”  Now if I don’t repost it, does it mean I don’t love my daughter?  I have two daughters; do I repost it two times.  And if I don’t, does it mean I don’t love either of my daughters?

And all of the Jesus love and Obama hate is getting to me too.  You folks are probably tired of my tree hugging fanaticism and my gardening brouhaha.  But seriously, FB would be boring if we only posted cute puppy and kitty videos.  I saw a really cute dog video this morning where the dog had eaten the side of the couch, crawled in and got his head stuck out the other end…  Okay, I admit it, I am an addict.  I love dog videos!

I am just two teensy steps away from giving up Facebook.  I may start my own page and invited all my “friends” to join me.  And what will I call it?  I’m not sure.  Make a suggestion.
Show your ass book

I’m an idiot and I don’t care who knows it book
Jesus loves me more than you book
I hate Obama more than you book
Make my day with a cute dog video book
This is my selfie for today but don’t hold your breath, I may do another one soon book

Photo is of my two daughters whom I adore.  Picture of a rose, my ass!



No comments:

Post a Comment