Wednesday, January 21, 2015

I am having a day when I really don't want to do anything except go back to bed.  The problem therein lies that my tailbone is aching and I don't want to sit or lie on it.  Just sitting here at the computer is aggravating.

I broke my tailbone off when the girls were still little.  It had snowed more in Ohio that I had ever seen before in my thirty some years of life.  Addi put on her snowsuit and I rode her piggyback style and went down the street to see if there was any traffic flowing.  We lived on a cul-de-sac and didn't have much traffic at all.  On my way to the end of the street I hit an icy spot and fell.  Not wanting to kill the child on my back, I fell weird while trying to protect her.  I fell right on my stupid tailbone.

We made it back to the house (she walked this time) and I thought it was a bit sore but not broken or anything.  A few days later we decided to go sledding  Our friends went with us. They had two boys about my girls' ages.  Our friends had brought a rubber inner tube from an old tire.  It looked like a blast and so I grabbed Jess and I laid face down on the inner tube and the hubster put Jess on my back.  Big mistake!

The ride was a pretty exciting one until we hit the first bump.  Jess flew up and landed right on my tail bone.  The pain was intense, let me tell you.  I don't remember much of the doctor visit and x-rays.  My tail bone had broken off and was floating around down there.  I believe I had about six months of sitting on a donut and I loved my donut.  Grandma had one and loaned it to me.  It was pretty embarrassing carrying the thing around but I didn't care.  Pain was pain and whatever it took to get beyond it, I did.

So I have this terribly embarrassing problem with the little indentation where my tail bone is. I acquire an accumulation of butt debris there and have to scrub it occasionally to get rid of the crud. TMI.  I know.  Why has no one ever brought this problem up to Dr. Oz?

I was soaking in the bathtub a couple of days ago and scrubbing my crud out and I guess I scrubbed entirely too hard.  My tail bone has been bothering me ever since.  And so, my readers, you know my most guarded secret now.

No I'm not posting a picture of this.


The culprits who helped to break my tailbone.  I still love them very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment