Sunday, January 4, 2015

The other evening while the hubster was watching some guys fishing for a living and not doing too well, I tiptoed downstairs and flipped on the VCR.  I do still have one and use it almost daily.  My Jane Fonda aerobics tape is getting pretty old but I still depend on it to get me sweating some mornings.

I looked through my old VCR tapes and found Dead Poet's Society which is one of my all time favorite movies and one of my favorite Robin Williams' movies.  This movie always inspires me to go drag out one of my old literature books and reread a few favorite poems or stories. Having been a writer for most of my life, I envision myself writing that one phrase that when someone else reads it they sit back and think, man, does this lady have her shit together.

I found myself grabbing a pencil and a piece of paper which happened to be a leftover scrap of my Communist Edison bill.  Yes, I am the cheapest date on earth and I keep most everything, even scrap paper.

I jotted down every poetic phrase that had ever caught my eye.  I ended up writing this...


In the event that I should discover my familiar, I shall trip the light fantastic to discover that someone there is that doesn’t love a wall.  I will meet the love of my life who will ask me to come live with him and be his love.  But at this moment all I can see from where I stand is that I think that I shall never see.  I realize that life goes on and I forget just why, but that is probably because roses are freaking red and the road less traveled is the road to Bangkok or Thailand or wherever what  his name and his buddy went. (Senior moment.)  I rest in the comfort of knowing that I have miles to go before I sleep.


Okay, I admit that I had been drinking.  In my sobriety I still think that one day I may just write that one phrase that kicks literary butt.


This photo may not be the phrase that does you know what but isn't this a great photo.  It was taken at Nicholas Conservatory in Rockford, Illinois.  Love this orchid.  And have you ever notice that sometimes plants say the most mind blowing things without using one single work?

No comments:

Post a Comment